Saturday, November 29, 2008

Taxi Fare from Ho Chi Minh Airport to Backpacker Area (Jan 2007)

I did a search before i go Ho Chi Minh City. Base on tips from the internet, reasonable taxi fare to town area from Airport is US$5 or it can bo as low as US$4.There are many cabs waiting outside the airport. First, I tried to look for a cab that uses meter (the taxi always shows "Metered Taxi"). After i spent 10 mins looking for a cab that really use meter, i can't find any. They offer me fixed price, which is US$10 or US$8.

There was one taxi driver said he would follow meter and asked us to get into hir car, i doubted and reconfirmed before i put my luggage inside. Again, he said he won't follow meter. So dissappointed. I rejected him immediately.

We give up. Finally, we took another cab by paying US$6 (to Pham Ngu Lao area, Bui Vein street).

1 comment:

Hoi An Tourism said...

You can avoid taxi scam by booking private airport transfer service in advance. For my last trip to Viet Nam, I got cheated in Hanoi. I and driver agreed on a price for the trip, let’s say $20.00, then once I arrived at my hotel the cabbie seems to remember agreeing on $35.00.

We argued 10 minutes and I paid to get peace in my mind. I did not want this thing destroy my holiday.

For next trip to Da Nang, Nha Trang and Ho Chi Minh city, I did some searches and found this great site: www.yourlocalbooking.com. It is online booking engine and instant confirmation

The price is reasonable. Prices are a bit more than a cab and a lot less than a hotel transfer. Gives you piece of mind, especially if you are flying in late and don't want the taxi haggling hassles. We got what we pay for

Their customer service was excellent! When we met our driver at arrival hall, the representative gave me a call, take care of us. She also checked my flight status because there was a typhoon coming. That was really great. I did not expect.

This is hotline: + 84 979 58 77 44 or support@yourlocalbooking.com