Monday, July 20, 2009

Hong Kong Day 1 - Exciting Night View of Hong Kong Island


Reached Hong Kong airport at 5.20pm by SQ Boeing 777. 1 word to describe this SQ experience I have on this flight, "EXCELLENT". This is so much different from my "not-so-good" experience with them on my previous trip from Bangkok to Singapore.

Hong Kong International Airport was opened almost at the same time as KLIA. But it looks a bit "old" compared to KLIA or Singapore airport (not to offend any Hongkies, this is my honest feeling). Another bad thing was the custom officer that threw my passport back to me after stamping. Yes, he did that, threw with no smile. What a bad impression I have.

After all, I managed to find my hotel's counter and the guy can speak good english and friendly. Reached hotel about 1 and half hour after landed due to late shuttle bus.

Firstly, I must survey the way to MTR from Gateway Hotel for my next day business journey. Also, must understand how the auto ticketing machine works. The Tsim Sha Tsui (TST) MTR station is the nearest. Walk along Haiphong Road (海防道) for 5 minutes, I reached the MTR station, very convenience. After spent some time at MTR station, I was confident enough.

Took my "dinner" at road site, Haiphong Road. Haiphong Road is quite a happening street.

Another road that full with food stores are Lock Road (乐道), price is reasonable, HK$ 5x is normal for 1 person per meal.


I decided to walk to HK Cultural Centre (文化中心) and it took me about 15 minutes. This is a MUST-DO task. The magnificient night view of Hong Kong Island from Cultural Centre (in my photos), wow...

No comments: